The 6 Secrets to the Most Fun Places to Eat in NYC
If you’re an avid traveler, you know that the food can be just as important as the sites on your itinerary. If you’re visiting New York City, you may want to keep this list of six secrets to the most fun places to eat in NYC with you to avoid tourist traps and instead discover hidden gems where the locals eat. From one place with over 200 types of beer and another that specializes in pizza by the pound, these are some of the most fun places to eat in NYC. Be sure to check them out on your next visit!
1) Themed Restaurants
1) The place is typically a bar, so you can enjoy drinks as well as food.
2) The restaurant is tiny and cozy. This gives it more of a homey feel and makes it easier for the waiters to remember your name.
3) You order at the counter, take a number and seat yourself. There’s no need to worry about who’s going to be paying because you’ll be splitting everything anyway!
4) Cash only!
2) Secret Menu Items
1. Crinkle Cut Fries with Chili and Cheese
2. Shake Shack’s Secret Menu: ShackSauce
3. McDonald’s Secret Menu: Big Mac Sauce
4. Starbucks’ Secret Menu: Butterbeer Frappuccino with Extra Caramel Drizzle
5. Arby’s Secret Menu: The Rodeo Sandwich
3) BYOB Restaurants
Planning a night out with your friends doesn’t have to involve being overcharged for alcohol! There are plenty of BYOB restaurants that will let you bring your own wine or beer, and enjoy delicious food without the markup. This is especially great for those who don’t drink alcohol. Here are some of our favorites:
1) The Halal Guys – This spot has a legendary line, but it’s worth it for their famous gyro platter and chicken and rice combo.
4) All-You-Can-Eat Restaurants
All-you-can-eat restaurants are perfect for people who want to get their fill of food without spending too much money, or for people who just want to eat as much as they can. People are also attracted to these restaurants because of the sense of community and shared experience that it brings. However, all-you-can-eat restaurants can be hit or miss.
5) Late Night Dining
There’s nothing better than late night dining when you’re on the go. Whether it be for a quick drink, a bite before heading out to party, or just waiting for that Uber ride home; here are six of our favorite spots where you’ll always find some good eats.
6) Bottomless Brunch
In a city with so many options for brunch spots, you may find yourself overwhelmed. Lucky for you, we have your back with these secrets to finding the most fun places to eat in New York City.